Today we will talk about the Snipping Tool Shortcut for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and MAC operating system. There are many ways to use Snipping tool shortcut on Windows and MAC operating systems. I will talk completely and deeply about using the snipping tool and I will try to resolve your all the queries related to using snipping too and Snipping tool Features.
I will talk completely and deeply about using the snipping tool and snipping tool shortcut. And I will try to resolve your all the queries related to using snipping too and Snipping tool Features. This is a complete guide for using snipping tool, so whether you are a Windows or MAC user I hope you will find this guide helpful.
Snipping Tool Shortcut
This is a complete guide for using snipping tool, so whether you are a Windows or MAC user I hope you will find this guide helpful. So let’s get started!
I know many users want to do their work on their fingertips and they are lazy to move their mouse and use the right click. In other words, most users want to do the work with key shortcuts on windows or Mac because it is quick and easy to do.
As we are talking about snipping tool today, so I will tell you all the snipping tool shortcut for the click or snip the laptop screen quickly.
Before starting the guide on how to use Snipping tool, first, let’s talk about what is snipping tool? So that you will have a good idea about this awesome application.
What is Snipping Tool?
Snipping tool is a screen capture tool which first introduced in windows vista, after that it comes prebuilt in all the windows versions. In the windows 10, Microsoft added delay capture functionality in the tool, which allows users to capture screenshot in preset timing. You can capture the delay for upto 5 seconds, which is enough for users to capture anything easily.
Using the Snipping tool you can capture the screen of your PC in a rectangular shape, free form shape, Window snip or full-screen snip and save the screenshot in the different types of formats like jpeg. png etc.
Snipping tool allows users to capture any part of their PC screen, for example, users can capture the screenshot of an open window or Full screen of the PC.
The use of snipping tool has grown rapidly after windows 7 because before windows 7 it was not so popular and many people had nothing to do with the tool. But now the time has changed and now capturing the screenshot and sharing on social media, send to friends is very common.
I think now you have a good idea about snipping tool and now we can talk why you should use it to make your life easier.
Also check: Best Amazing prank websites
Why should you use Snipping Tool?
Sometimes, we want to capture a memorable moment in our videos, Photos, or while surfing the internet like social media etc. This time the best way to copy the moment is capturing it or in other words taking the screenshot of the activity.
Don’t you think it is cool to just click few keys and capture the screen of your PC instantly? You would say yes! it’s very useful and cool feature of windows and MAC.
I can give you many reasons to use snipping tool on your Windows PC or MAC to make your work and life easier. Let’s have a look at some points when you would need to use snipping tool.
- You can use the snipping tool to capture the proof of something and send it to your friends, colleagues and even to your boss.
- Capture a memorable moment from a video, software, game etc. and share it on social media to let the world knows about it.
- Take the screenshot of something important to use it later for example page design, password, URL and much more.
- When you sign up for a program or signup on a website for membership, you can capture the screenshot of your info so it will be easier to remember what info you there in the form.
- This is not all there might be many scenarios when you would need snipping tool on your PC or MAC.
Features of Snipping Tool
Snipping tool has quite interesting features which makes it very useful for windows users. I will tell you all the features of snipping tool in points.
- You can capture the whole screen or some part of the screen of your PC.
- You can add notes to the captured snip using snipping tool.
- Directly send the snip to any email address.
- Copy the snip and paste it anywhere you want.
- Add art using the Pen included into the snipping toolbox.
- Erase option is also available in the tool.
- You can capture the delay snip, in other words, you can set the time upto 5 seconds for capturing the snip on your PC screen.
- Capture an open window on your PC Screen.
- Also, you can capture the full screen of your PC using snipping tool.
How to Use Snipping Tool on Windows
I will talk about using Snipping tool on all versions of Windows including Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7.
99% windows users are using one of the windows given above and snipping tool was also introduced in Windows 7 officially. So we will talk from windows 10 to windows 7 on using Snipping Tool.
I will describe all the details of using snipping tool on all the Windows OS one by one. We will start with Windows 10.
First I will tell you how you can launch or open Snipping tool on different windows versions. After that, I will tell you How you can use it on all windows version (Using process is same on all the version of windows).
I already told you the features and what you can do with snipping tool above, so now we will talk about using snipping tool and its shortcuts on the different version of windows.
Also check: How to download facebook videos with one click
Open Snipping Tool Windows 10
First I will tell you how you can open snipping tool on Windows 10 and other OS after that, I will tell you how to use it. On windows 10 you can launch the snipping tool by following the easy steps given below.
How to Open or Launch Snipping tool in Windows 10
- Type “snipping tool” in the Cortana or search box of windows 10 (Check the screenshot below).
- When you start writing it will show you the suggestion above same as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on the snipping tool from the search suggestion.
- Now the snipping tool windows will open on your PC, Laptop.
Open Snipping Tool Windows 8, 8.1
Follow the simple steps given below to open snipping tool in windows 8 or windows 8.1.
- If you are using windows 8, then you can swipe in the right side of the screen and a window will open where you will see the search box. Just type snipping tool in the search box and launch it. that’s it!
- If you are using windows 8.1 then you can click on windows icon in the bottom left corner of the screen and in the search box search “snipping tool” and launch it.
Open Snipping Tool Windows 7
The process of opening snipping tool on Windows 7 is similar to the windows 8.1. You can follow the simple steps given below.
- Click on start button and type “snipping tool” in the search box.
- Click on snipping tool from search suggestion. That’s it!
You can also launch the snipping tool using Run or Cmd. You can follow the steps given below if you want to launch snipping tool using Cmd or Run.
How to Open snipping too using Cmd or Run
- First I will tell you how to open snipping tool using Cmd.
- Open Cmd by searching cmd in the windows search box or press win+R and type cmd in run window.
- Now when cmd windows open type snippingtool.exe
- Now the snipping tool windows will open instantly.
2. Open snipping tool using Run.
- Press win+R and type snipping tool in Run window.
- Hit ok and snipping tool will open instantly.
Now you have learned how you can easily open snipping tool on different versions of windows and also using commands.
So now I will tell you how to use snipping tool and snipping tool shortcuts.
Using the snipping tool is same on all the version of windows so whether you are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1, 8 or Windows 7. You can simply follow the steps for using snipping tool in any version of windows.
Also learn: How to reset password on Windows 10
Capture Screenshot using Snipping tool
- Open snipping tool and select the mode in which you want to click the screenshot like a Freeform snip, rectangular snip, window snip, fullscreen snip.
- Now select the area of the screen that you want to capture.
This is how you can easily capture the snip using snipping tool, there is few more option available in snipping tool about which I am talking below.
Extra things you can do with snipping tool
- You can draw art on the captured snip using the snipping tool.
- Set the timing for upto 5 seconds delay screen capture.
- You can copy, save, share the captured screen and more.
- You can also capture a snip from captured snip.
There are some keyboard shortcuts as well for using snipping tool using shortcuts. Let’s have a look on the snipping tool shortcuts.
Windows Snipping Tool shortcut
Below I have written all the Snipping tool shortcut that you can use to capture snips on your Windows or MAC quickly and easily.
|Press these keys||To do this|
|Alt + M||By pressing this you can Choose a snipping mode|
|Alt + N||It allows you Create a new snip in the same mode as the last one|
|Shift + arrow keys||Move the cursor to select a rectangular snip area|
|Alt + D||Delay capture by 1-5 seconds|
|Ctrl + C||Copy the snip to clipboard|
|Ctrl +||Save the snip|
So this all about using snipping tool on windows, I hope you find this article helpful and it resolves your all the queries about using snipping tool. If you still have any query then feel free to tell me in the comment section below. If you like this post then don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media and keep visiting for more valuable articles.