Hello tricks lovers, Today I am here to share all the “Top WhatsApp Tricks and Cheats Of 2017” with you. As we all knows, WhatsApp is the largest using mobile application worldwide and growing rapidly day by day. But everyone doesn’t utilize WhatsAppp to its best, so I am going to tell you the “top WhatsaApp Tricks and Hacks of 2017“. Which surely gonna change your way of using WhatsApp.
Before going deep into the article, first, let’s know some statics and basic information about WhatsApp.
WhatsApp has over 9 billion users worldwide as of 2016, which makes it the most popular messaging application in the world. WhatsApp is available for all the operating systems such Android, iOS, Windows, Blackberry, etc. But everyone doesn’t utilize WhatsAppp to its best.
So today, I decided to write all the WhatsApp Tips and Tricks of 2017 in one place, which will help you to know WhatsApp’s amazing features and cheats. So let’s get started.
Also Check: Run Two WhatsApp Accounts in One Phone
Top WhatsApp Tricks and Cheats Of 2017
There are many WhatsApp tips and tricks of 2017 and some of them I have already written in other articles. So I will write them here also with a link to them so that all the whatsaApp tips and cheats will be here in one place.
Below I added a list to make it easier for you to know which tricks and features of WhatsApp are included in the article.
WhatsApp features list or Tricks and Cheats List
- WhatsApp without Phone Number
- Backup Whatsapp conversations to Google Drive
- Share Any BIG File, ZIP, RAR, PDF, APK or EXE using WhatsApp
- Lock Your WhatsApp Separately (Special WhatsApp Locker)
- Use WhatsApp Without Internet
- Reply to any specific message in WhatsApp
- Recover deleted messages on WhatsApp
- Create Shortcut on Homescreen for Frequently Used Contacts
- Send any file to PC or PC to Phone using WhatsApp
1. WhatsApp Without Phone Number
There are two methods of using WhatsApp without the Phone number on any phone. I have written both the method in two separate articles, link to which on below.
2. Backup WhatsApp Conversations to Google Drive
You can simply backup or save all your WhatsApp conversation including videos to your Google Drive by following the easy steps given below.
- Open Your WhatsApp and Click on Menu Icon in the top right corner.
- Click on Settings > Chats > Chat Backup
- Here you can add your google drive account and set the backup frequency as well.
- You can Set backup frequency to backup automatically in the selected period.
- You can select if you want to the Backup conversation only WiFi or WiFi and Cellular both.
3. Share Any BIG File, ZIP, RAR, PDF, APK or EXE using WhatsApp
Yes, you heard it right, you can share a big file or any other file type with your friends or family using WhatsApp. Just follow these cool and simple steps to share a big file through WhatsApp.
- You just need to download DropBox application on your phone.
- After download sign into Dropbox and Upload the file you want to share with your on Whatsapp.
- Now click on the Drop Down icon next to your file name and click on “Share.”
- Now click on “Create a Link” and click on See all.
- Slide down and select WhatsApp from the list.
- Now it will generate the link which you can send to any group or with any friend on Whatsapp.
- Now when they receive the link, they will be able to download or view the file on their phone.
Note: You can control the permission of the file for your friend, you can allow them to “view only” or view and edit both from the file settings in DropBox.
If you are facing any issue while using the trick given above, then you can comment below, and I will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
4. Lock Your WhatsApp Separately (Special WhatsApp Locker)
We all knows very well that how much important our privacy is in today’s time. We want to make sure always that our conversation on WhatsApp would be safe and no one would be able to peep into it in any way.
If you set an application lock, and somehow, someone knows it then they can unlock any application on your phone including WhatsApp. So it would be better for you to encrypt WhatsApp via special protection application which is specially made for WhatsApp lock.
Follow these steps to protect your WhatsApp using WhatsApp Lock App
- Download the WhatsApp Lock Application from here
- Install this app and set a strong password to protect your WhatsApp application.
5. Use WhatsApp Without Internet
After reading this heading, you would be thinking “WhatsApp Without Internet? Is it Possible? Really?”, Right? And the answer to your questions is “YES” it is possible. Let’s get deep into it.
Now it is possible to use WhatsApp without the Internet using “WhatSim.” WhatSim is one of the latest Sims which is specially designed by Manuel Zanella (the CEO of the Zeromobile). Using the WhatSim, you can receive and send WhatsApp messages to your friends and family.
The cost of the sim is 10 Euro with 1-year subscription, so you can send and receive WhatsApp messages for one year using this 10 euro of cost sim card. However, if you want to send and receive multimedia messages using WhatsApp, then you would need to upgrade to a higher plan. Check out this article to know more about WhatSim.
6. Reply to any specific message in WhatsApp
Now it is possible to respond to any particular message in the conversation. You can quote any message you want to reply and write an answer for that, so another person will understand to which message you have answered.
Follow these easy steps to quote any message in WhatsApp
- Scroll up or down to the message you want to reply.
- Click and hold the message, and now you will see the option to answer in the top section.
- Tap the Reply symbol and write your answer to this particular message.
7. Recover deleted messages on WhatsApp
We can lose our WhatsApp conversation because of many reasons, and getting them back for reading is just like a dream come true situation. Everyone doesn’t know about it, but it is quite easy to recover or read your deleted messages on WhatsApp.
Simply follow these steps to recover WhatsApp messages
- WhatsApp saves all your conversations into your phone storage in WhatsApp Folder.
- Open File Manager >Phone SDCard> WhatsApp > Databases – Here you will see “msgstore.db.crypt” file which contains all the message you have sent and receive in the same day and other files with the dates included on the name for Example “msgstore2017-3-12.db.crypt” contains the messages of the past week.
- You just need to open these files with any text editor, and you will be able to read all the messages.
8. Create Shortcut on Homescreen for Frequently Used Contacts
You can create a shortcut for any WhatsApp contact to which you frequently talk, so you need to click on it to start chatting instantly. Just follow these simple steps
- Long press the contact you want to create shortcut for
- Now it will show the option for that contact, just click the menu icon
- From here click on ‘Add Chat Shortcut.”
- That’s it, and now your contact is saved as a shortcut on HomeScreen.
9. Send any file to Pc or Pc to Phone Using WhatsApp
Sending a file to your PC through WhatsApp is easy, and anyone can do this by following the simple steps given below.
- Save Your number in your WhatsApp using your Own name
- Now open contacts of your phone > click on your name and here you will see “Message +91*********53” with WhatsApp icon.
- Click on it to send and receive the message to yourself.
- Now open http://web.whatsapp.com/ on your PC and scan the QR code, here you will see your full WhatsApp on PC.
- Click on your own conversation and send any file, open your phone’s WhatsApp and you will see the file on your phone.
- With this simple trick, you can send or receive any file or message from PC to Phone or Phone to PC using WhatsApp.
10. Disable WhatsApp Notification Preview in Status Bar
You can disable notification preview of WhatsApp in your phone’s Status bar, whether the phone is Android, iOS, or Symbian.
Follow the simple steps given below
Go to Settings > Applications > Application Manager > WhatsApp > Notification > Turn Off
Open WhatsApp > Setting > Notifications > Scroll Down > View in Lock Screen “Turn off”
# Nokia (Symbian)
Open WhatsApp > Click Settings > Click “Show message Preview” Just Disable it.
So above I have told you the Top WhatsApp Tricks and Cheats Of 2017, I will keep updating this post with the new WhatsApp tips and tricks. I hope you like the article and let me know in the comment box if you face any difficulty using any tip or trick given above. Do share the article with others and stay connected with us.