There is one common issue that we all computer users face is automatically shut down or restart. Sometimes it causes because your laptop battery ran out, or some software issues. Now imagine if you are writing some document in the Word File and suddenly your Macbook or Mac computer gets shut down?
The document that you were writing will be gone and then the first question that you will get is “how to recover unsaved word document in Mac?”. Just in case if you too have landed on this page with the same similar questions then do not worry, we are here to help you out. So let’s just head into the solution without wasting much of the time:
Well in most of the cases it is quite easy to Recover document in word Mac computers. Since Microsoft word has an autosave feature which saves your docs at the time of writing a document. So there is a chance that you can Recover unsaved word document 2007 version of Microsoft Word.
However, autosave feature does not only come with Microsoft’s 2017 version. Even if you have questions like “How to recover unsaved word document 2016” or any other windows version. You can easily use this solution to Recover document in word Mac. So now the question is how can you find that autosave feature of Microsoft. Well, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
Also Learn: How to delete attachments from Gmail
How to recover unsaved word document Mac:
- First of all close Word window on your Mac computer.
- Now from the “On the Go” menu, you have to click on Home.
- Then open the “Documents folder”
- Then go to the “Microsoft User Data” folder.
- Here you have to locate all the files that start with the word “Auto Recovery save of”.
- Now you have to select the file that you want to recover. Simply rename the file and add the .doc extension at the end of it.
- Now double click on the file and it will open it Word application.
- From the menu simply select the “Save As” and then type down a new name and save the doc file in your preferred location.
So that was all for your question that says “How to recover unsaved word document Mac”. Now sometimes some files get missing or your accidentally delete them. So the question is “How to recover lost word document Mac”. So let’s just have a quick look at this issue as well:
How to recover lost word document Mac:
- First of all, if you have deleted something you can simply look into the trash folder of your Mac.
- Simply click on the Trash icon from the On the GO menu
- Once you are in the Trash folder then you have to look for the file.
- Right-click on the file and then click on Pull back.
So that was all for the How to recover an unsaved or lost word document. If you have any further questions do comment below.