CWM Recovery(Clockworkmod Recovery)
When an Android user wants to install a custom Rom on their phone then they probably require to install a custom recovery which enables them to install custom Rom. In every android phone a stock recovery is pre-installed which enables users to do several task such as Wipe Factory data, Wipe cache partition etc. but a custom recovery also has additional features as well as basic features. Installing a custom recovery is not a big task it will hardly take upto 5 to 10 minutes in first attempt. Clockworkmod recovery is a very useful task for those who like creativity and wants to customize their phones. Clockworkmod recovery enables user to install any custom Rom without need of any Computer or Laptop.
Features of Clockworkmod
- Allow user to Download ROM with the help of ROM manager.
- Check for ROM updates.
- Install ROM from SD card.
- Create Data Backups.
- Restore and manage Backups.
- Advanced controls.
Note: Installing any Custom recovery will void your phone warranty and may result into software or hardware damage to your phone.
There are two custom recovery which are most popular.
- Clockworkmod Recovery
we are going to talk about clockworkmod recovery in this Article.
- An android smart phone
- PC or Laptop
- Custom Rom (CWM OR TWRP)
- Phone Drivers Installed in PC or Laptop.
Steps to install clockworkmod recovery(CWM)
- First of all Download Odin
- Install it in your Laptop or PC.
- Download a Custom Rom for your phone (CWM or TWRP).
- Reboot your Phone in Download Mode (Press Vol up+Home+Power or Press Vol Down+Home+Power) simultaneously release these buttons when your phone boot in downloading mode.
- Connect your Phone to PC.
- Open Odin ( ID:COM box will became yellow).
- Load Clockworkmod file in PDA tab.
- And Click on Start.
- Wait till flashing is done.
- Now you are all done.