Hello, friends, today I am going to share one of the most awaited topics for RapdiTricks Audience, where you will learn how to change the iPhone Root Password on iOS 11 in easy to follow 3 steps. If you want to use your iPhone without jailbreak, then, first of all, you need to change the default file system password for easy access on iPhone.
Whenever you jailbreak your iOS device that time your file system password will set the common password which is known as “alpine”. However, sometimes people don’t worry about changing this password after performing a jailbreak, but you need to know that it invites all the hackers to get access to any jailbroken iPhone/iPod devices easily.
So, usually, an Australian hacker knew as Ashley Towns Demonstrated this by sharing the first known iPhone worm, which is known as Ikee, it helps you to replace your lock screen with an image of Rick Ashley. Rick Ashley writes the worm to demonstrate and there he provides a whole procedure that how easy it is to break the Jailbroken iPhones.
How to Change iPhone Root Password on iOS 11
However, now you can change the password and that is a quick & easy process – so, now you are going to learn with this tutorial “how to change the SSH password”.
Note: if you don’t have jailbroken your iPhone, iPod Touch then you don’t need to follow the guideline which is given below.
The things you will need are:
- Jailbreaken iPhone/ iPod Touch
- Mobile Terminal
So, if you have installed the SSH client then you should change the default password.
So, I am going to provide you some steps that you will need to follow to change the iPhone root password on iOS 11:
Download: PixlRec Screen Recorder For iOS Devices
Step 1: Get iPhone or iPad’s Wi-Fi Address
- Firstly, you need to launch the settings app and navigate to Wi-Fi. (See screenshot)
- Tap on the below information icon next to the Wi-Fi network that you’re connected to.
- Now, note down the IP address.
Step 2: SSH into iPhone and iPad
- On your Mac, you can launch the terminal application from / Application/ Utilities or via Spotlight.
- At the prompt message, you can follow the command and hit enter:
- ssh root@<IP Address>
- The terminal may need your permission to confirm and if you want to continue connecting type YES and press the key to continue.
- Type in Alpine, which is the root password, and hit enter.
So, now you can connect your iPhone to the root user and the Terminal’s prompt that will also change your computer name to root password.
Step 3: Change iPhone Root Password
- Now, if you can change the root password of your iPhone then, type password.
- It will prompt you to enter the new root password. Type the new password, and hit enter, and the type it in again when prompted, and hit enter again.
- Now you will see the prompt on the phone’s screen again, which confirm that the iPhone root password has been changed successfully.
- That’s it! Now you should be protected and it will prevent someone from getting root access to your iPhone or iPad when you’re connected to a public Wi-Fi network using the default password.
We hope that you will like this article, in this article I described each and every step that you need to follow to understand how to change the iPhone root Password on iOS 11.
So If you like this post then please share this post with your friends and relatives. If you have any query or doubt on how to change iPhone root password then you can drop your queries in the comment section below.